ISS Faculty: PhD researchers
Zelalem Yilma Debebe
Zelalem Yilma Debebe
International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Personal website: http://www.iss.nl/cvdebebe/
International Institute of Social Studies
|University||Erasmus University Rotterdam|
|School||International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)|
Zelalem Yilma Debebe is a PhD candidate in the staff group, Economics of Development and Emerging Markets, at the International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam. His PhD research examines the role of health shocks in perpetuating poverty and analyses if a community based health insurance scheme helps to loosen this link. Before commencing his PhD study, he had worked at Radboud University Nijmegen as a junior researcher and had taught courses such as quantitative methods for economists, statistics for economists, research methods for economists, introductory micro- economics, macro-economics and other undergraduate courses at Jimma University. His research interest lies in micro-economics and impact evaluations. His previous research work focused on areas of health, health insurance, poverty, child labor, shocks and coping responses. He has field research experience in Ethiopia where his PhD research is based and in Ghana where he was involved in a participatory impact evaluation of health interventions (while working for the Centre for International Development Issues Nijmegen, Radboud University).
- Debebe, Z.Y., Kempen, L. van & Hoop, T. de (2012). A perverse 'net' effect? Health insurance and ex-ante moral hazard in Ghana. Social Science & Medicine, 75(1), 138-147.[go to publisher's site]
- Debebe, Z.Y., Mebratie, A.D., Sparrow, R.A., Dekker, Marleen, Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S. (2014). Impact of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance on household economic welfare. (ISS working papers. General series 590). The Hague: International Institute of Social Studies.
- Debebe, Z.Y., Mebratie, A.D., Sparrow, R.A., Abebaw Ejigie, D., Alemu, G., Dekker, M. & Bedi, A.S. (2013). Coping with shocks in rural Ethiopia. (ISS working papers. General series 560). The Hague: International Institute of Social Studies.
- Mebratie, A.D., Poel, E. van de, Debebe, Z.Y., Abebaw, D., Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S. (2013). Self-reported health care seeking behavior in rural Ethiopia: Evidence from clinical vignettes. (ISS working papers. General series 551). The Hague: International Institute of Social Studies.
- Debebe, Z.Y. (2010). Child labor, agricultural shocks and labor sharing in rural Ethiopia. (ISS working papers. General series 491). The Hague: International Institute of Social Studies.
|No courses known|