NFP/NICHE alumni events
Cotonou, Benin, 17 - 19 May 2017
Food Security in Francophone West Africa with special focus on natural resource management (land and water)
With the financial support from NUFFIC, ISS, in collaboration with Université d'Abomey-Calavi, is organizing an alumni event to bring Alumni from ISS & other Dutch Higher Education Institutes together in Cotonou to stimulate knowledge sharing on food security issues and create a sustainable network to reinforce partnership with the Dutch academic world in Benin and Burkina Faso.
Focus of the event
- Interactive and didactic sessions on key issues around the food security situation in the West African region (focus on land tenure and water management) led by experts in the field.
- Facilitating exchanges among alumni with regards to their experiences on the theme.
- Field visit to demonstrate innovative approaches on natural resource management.
- Stimulate networking among alumni, the Netherlands Alumni Association of Benin, Dutch businesses and the Dutch embassy in Cotonou.
- Create and strengthen an alumni network of Dutch graduates working in Benin and Burkina Faso.
- Professor Jun Borras: Professor of Agrarian Studies at ISS
- Laurent Stravato: Agri Water Specialist, International Finance Corporation (World BankGroup) and ISS alumnus
- Professor Euloge Agbossou: Professor of Water Management at Université d'Abomey- Calavi and Director of the National Institute of Water
- Dutch Embassy in Benin
For whom (max. 25 participants)
- NFP and NICHE alumni who have studied at ISS or another Dutch institute for higher education.
- Currently resident in Benin or Burkina Faso.
- Interest in policy-oriented social science on food security in Francophone West Africa and wish to be linked to the international community of professionals dealing with these issues.
- Professional and student experiences relevant to food security (private sector candidates given special attention).
- Equal participation of men and women in the event as much as possible.
Register by filling in this form. Registration deadline is 30 March 2017.
- Transport and lodging costs for the selected alumni participants will be covered.
- The spoken language during the event will be Englih.