Borrowing and returning books at the University Library (Rotterdam)
As of 11 May you will be able to borrow and return library books again from the University Library in Rotterdam. The Library will be open on work days from 12.00 to 14.00 hrs to return and pick up of your books. During this time Library staff will assess if the borrowing process goes according to plan, and if and how borrowing can also start again at ISS in The Hague.
ISS staff and students can also borrow from the Rotterdam collection, but keep the following in mind:
- Come alone
- Keep your distance at least 1,5 meters
- Stay home if you have symptoms of a cold or the flu
Requesting books can be done as usual via sEURch, but keep in mind that (for now) this only entails the collection in Rotterdam, Woudestein. We have made your visit to the Library completely contact free to ensure your health and safety as well as that of our colleagues.
Requesting and pick up
- Request a book before 9 a.m. via sEURch and it will be ready for pick up the same or the next work day
- Only come to the library after you have received notice that your books are ready for pick up
- Both the entrance and the exit are at the Institutenlaan (at street level)
- You can pick up your books between 12.00 and 14.00 hrs.
- Books can only be picked up showing your library or student card; without your card borrowing books is not possible
How it works
- After entering the library through the revolving doors disinfecting your hands is possible;
- Scan your card at the self scanner;
- You can return your books;
- A library staff will check with you if the requested books are all there;
- The books will be offered to you in a bag and put on the table for you to take with you;
- You will exit the library through the sliding doors.
Returned books will be kept apart for a few days for safety matters, this means they will be in your name a couple of days after returning. For example, when your return books on Monday they will be removed from you account on Wednesday. You will receive a confirmation of this transaction.
The Library is currently only open for the pick up and return of books. In addition, we are working hard on a plan to provide study spaces in a safe manner.