From 25 to 31 October, research institutions celebrate International Open Access Week. This year's theme is “It Matters How We Open Knowledge: Building Structural Equity.”
During Open Access week institutions around the globe are hosting webinars, workshops and other types of sessions, as well as sharing materials to support the movement. Below are some events and websites to you can check out.
Sessions where you can listen, view and discuss (times in CET):
- 26 October (18:00-19:00): Breaking Down Paywalls and Building Up Equity: Open Access, Open Science, and Connections to Inclusive Knowledge
- 27 October (11:00-12:30): Openness beyond access - Eurac celebrates Open Access week
- 27 October (18:00-19:00): Acknowledging everyone’s labor in science: The Heliocentric model of Open Science
- 28 October (11:00-11:30): Connecting to society via Open Data
- 28 October (15:30): Amref Health Africa Institutional Repository Launch
- 28 October (16:00): The Global View: A Look at Open Access Efforts Around the World
- 29 October (01:00-12:00): Open Educational Resources: you don’t have to create a textbook!
Materials for you to read:
- Take a look at the Library's Open Access page to find out more about Open Access at the EUR.
- Find out what faculty can do to support Open Access.
- Find out what administration can do to support Open Access.