A student of political science, perplexed by the growing economic inequality in his home country Ethiopia Tefera Negash attempts to investigate the nexus between politcal power and wealth creation in his PhD research.Going back to the classics such as that of Arstotle on oligarchy and taking recent theoretical clarifications into account,Tefera's reserach contributes to the investigation of inequality within the broader picture of development studies. In this light, his research interest focuses on ideological basis of domination, African political parties and political systems, ethnic politics, wealth creation and defense.
Before joining the Governance, Law and Social Justice (GLSJ) research programme in April 2013 at the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague, Tefera has served as senior lecturer of Political Science and International Relations at Aksum University in Ethiopia, and Junior diplomat at the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
International Institute of Social Studies
- Kortenaerkade 12, 's - Gravenhage
- Tefera Negash Gebregziabher (2019) - The Party that Consumes the State: The Rise of Oligarchy in Post-1991 Ethiopia - [link]
- Tefera Negash Gebregziabher (2019) - Ideology and power in TPLF's Ethiopia: A historic reversal in the making? - African Affairs, 118 (472), 463-484 - doi: 10.1093/afraf/adz005 - [link]
- Tefera Negash Gebregziabher (2019) - Soldiers in business: the pitfalls of METEC’s projects in the context of Ethiopia’s civil–military relations: Des soldats en affaires:les écueils des projets de la METEC dans le contexte des relations civilo-militaires en Ethiopie - Review of African Political Economy, 46 (160), 261-278 - doi: 10.1080/03056244.2019.1613222 - [link]
- Tefera Negash Gebregziabher & Wil Hout (2018) - The Rise of Oligarchy in Ethiopia: The Case of Wealth Creation Since 1991 - Review of African Political Economy, 45 (157), 501-510 - doi: 10.1080/03056244.2018.1484351 - [link]
Foundations of Political Economy
- Level 200
- Year Level
- Level 200
- Course Code