The International Institute of Social Studies regularly organizes or hosts several international conferences on a variety of themes, bringing together scholars and activists from around the world.
A selection of previous conferences
- 16 and 17 February 2017- Global Redistribution and the Challenges of Externally Financing Social Policy and Development
- 13-15 June 2016- Worker-driven Innovation in the Globalized Economy – Learning from Encounters
- 10 April 2015 - The political economy of the extractive imperative in Latin America
- 11-13 August 2014 - International Forum on Intercountry Adoption and Global Surrogacy
- 9-11 June 2013 - Political Economy, Activism and Alternative Economic Strategies
- 19-23 June 2013 - Multiple Moneys and Development: Making payments in Diverse Economies