A new ISS housing policy was implemented in the summer of 2014. This included the outsourcing of the housing facilities which took effect on 1 January 2016. As of this date DUWO became the new landlord for the Dorus Rijkersplein and Bazarlaan residences.
Other important changes include the fact that only fixed-term tenancy agreements are possible, which means ending the contract prematurely is not possible. Furthermore, there are now less rooms available, so accommodating visitors is not always possible.
| || |
The housing policy:
- Students are guaranteed housing for the first 12 months of the study period during which classes take place.
- Students with NFP, WDS, Stuned or Dreilinden scholarship get a tenancy agreement for the ISS residences for the full duration of the programme.
- The dorms are available on a fixed-term tenancy only, meaning that the tenancy cannot be terminated prematurely. Cancellation of the tenancy agreement is only possible in the event of the premature cancellation of the programme and with permission of the EUR ISS Housing Team.
- Double rooms are primarily intended for couples.
- Rental fees are calculated by Dutch governmental point system ("Huurprijscheck onzelfstandige woonruimte") and in line with common practice for furnished rooms in the Netherlands.