Ilaha Abasli is a PhD researcher at the International Institute of Social Studies (Erasmus University Rotterdam). She holds a Master’s degree in International Development and Emerging Economies from King’s College London. She is also engaged in international development and sustainability consultancy work with FAO (UN), GIZ and local NGOs.
Ilaha’s research interests include circular economy in Global South, specially the social dimension of Circular Economy; and fostering sustainability through science driven and participatory policies.
International Institute of Social Studies
- Burg. Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
- David Simon, Oscar Gómez, Des Gasper, Kate Bennett, Carla Leanne Washbourne, Ilaha Abasli, Sonia Dias & Amitabha Sakar (2023) - Global Social Challenges for Development Studies in the Crisis in the Anthropocene - Global Social Challenges Journal, 1-18 - doi: 10.1332/27523349Y2023D000000004
- Ilaha Abasli (2021) - Not "Self-Employed," Informal Workers - [link]
- Ilaha Abasli (2021) - Transition to Sustainability in Azerbaijan: Policy Review and Analysis - [link]
- Ilaha Abasli & Nazakat Azimli (2020) - Restructuring growth through degrowth. Setting up the research agenda of commons in the Eastern Partnership countries - [link]
- Ilaha Abasli (2020) - Visual Essay: Changing temperatures threaten Azerbaijan’s female farmers - [link]