Vacancies at ISS
Vacancy for Communication Officer
The new colleague will primarily contribute to engaging and informing staff and students. The first focus will be on ISS staff and students but we also aim to communicate more effectively with the staff and students of the wider Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Application deadline - 13 December 2019
HBO or academic education preferably in the field of communication (or related thereto)
· 3+ years of work experience in the field of communication
· Experience with multi-channel approaches, especially with digital communication
· Good visualising skills including e.g. video, photo, infographics, PowerPoint
· Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
· Good communication skills in English (C1 level)
· Ability to work as a team member and having a hands-on mentality
Two Assistant Professor Positions
1. Macroeconomics of Development
2. Environment, Natural Resource Use and Management
Application deadline - 20 January 2020
The two positions have been created as part of ISS’s ongoing ambition to diversify the composition of its academic staff with recruits from the Global South. For these two positions, we seek applicants from the Global South whose work focuses on Ecuador and/or Colombia.
The two positions are meant for early-career academics, that is, those with a recent (or soon to be completed) PhD and offer the possibility of pursuing a career at ISS while creating or enhancing strong connections with academic institutions in Ecuador and Colombia.
The successful candidates will be expected to carry out high-quality and societally-relevant research in the broad areas of:
- Macroeconomics of development, with expertise in areas such as financial flows, financialization, trade. Candidates with a heterodox economics perspective are encouraged to apply.
- Environment and natural resource use and management, with expertise in areas such as the natural resource curse, extractive industries and environmental justice. Candidates with a political economy of development perspective are encouraged to apply.
The candidates will have a teaching base in the Major in Economics of Development (ECD) and/or the Major in Agrarian, Food and Environmental Studies (AFES). They will also be expected to contribute to institute-wide teaching efforts, such as in research methods.