The General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS) and the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) of Erasmus University Rotterdam are offering a joint scholarship to qualified candidates from the Americas to further their education.
For the past eight years, the OAS and ISS have joined forces to offer students from OAS member states a scholarship for the MA in Development Studies at ISS. There are about 30 students who have been awarded with the ISS-OAS scholarship so far.
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
- Be accepted Unconditionally into the ISS MA programme in Development Studies. Please check the ISS MA programme academic requirements for more information.
- Have obtained a first university (Bachelor's) degree by the time of application to this scholarship.
Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state.
- Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link; http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc and send it to the National Liaison Office (ONE) in Argentina.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship recipients;
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants; and
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
Master of Arts in Development Studies with a major in the following areas:
|Deadline||April 28, 2023|
|Programme duration||15.5 months (September 4, 2023 - December 18, 2024)|
|Location||The Hague, the Netherlands|
The scholarship consists of a reduction € 4,000 by the ISS and a reduction of $ 4,000 (€ 3,800) by the OAS organization; thus a total of € 7,800 reduction to the tuition fee of € 17,500.
- Tuition fees (minus ISS/OAS reduction): € 9,700
- Immigration fee (costs for residence permit): € 210
- Health insurance: € 860
The minimum amount needed for living expenses required by the Dutch law at the moment is € 975 per month but due to the high inflation costs, we strongly advise students to have a higher amount available (at least take into account € 1,100 per month). For the duration of the study programme (16 months) you therefore must have an amount for living expenses available of at least € 15,200, but preferably more.
A total amount of € 22,470 must be transferred to the ISS bank account (study fees € 10,770 + living expenses for 1 year € 11,700) after which ISS will start your visa application (The transfer of both these amounts is a requirement by the Dutch Immigration authorities (IND)). Please bear in mind that you will need to have sufficient finance available for the remaining 4 months of the programme.
If you have more questions, please contact our Admission Office: email@example.com
How to apply:
- To apply for an ISS-OAS scholarship, applicants must first be unconditionally accepted to the ISS MA programme.
- After you have been admitted to the ISS MA in Development Studies at ISS, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in the ISS-OAS scholarship.