- Tuesday 24 Aug 2021, 09:00 - Saturday 28 Aug 2021, 17:00
- Spoken Language
- Online and live in The Hague
An open platform to discuss ideas and practices which can ensure wellbeing for all within the Earth’s limits.
In August 2021, the International Institute of Social Studies and the Dutch Degrowth Platform (Ontgroei) are hosting the 8th International Degrowth Conference 'Caring Communities for Radical Change'.
Questions asked during the conference include:
- How do we confront the contradictions between (the pursuit of) endless economic growth and the ecological boundaries of our planet?
- What kind of society would ensure a good life for all, without wealth and power being hoarded by the few?
- How can we enable a just transition that halts over-extraction, over-production and over-consumption?
8 thematic themes
The conference will hold conversations on 8 degrowth themes