Housing for MA students
The independent Dutch student housing corporation Duwo reserves a sufficient amount of rooms for ISS students, just around the corner of the institute at Dorus Rijkersplein and Bazarlaan.
Living together with your fellow students provides an excellent opportunity to get to know each other well and to build solid, often lifelong, friendships. Moreover, it enhances the overall academic community and enables you to immediately focus on your studies without having to worry about housing
MA students - The tenancy agreement ends at the end of your study year, end of December.
Some scholarship programmes include guaranteed housing for the entire study period: Students with a OKP or Stuned scholarship get a tenancy agreement for one of the dorms for the full duration of the programme.
PhD researchers - Five rooms are reserved for PhD researchers and further on availability. The rental period for PhD researchers, visiting researchers and other visitors can start at any time throughout the academic year, though there is a preference for January.
Cancellation of tenancy agreement
All dorms are available on a fixed-term tenancy only, meaning that the tenancy agreement cannot be terminated prematurely.
For MA students: Cancellation of the tenancy agreement is only possible in the event of the premature cancellation of the programme and with permission of the ISS Institute Director.
For PhD researchers: Cancellation of the tenancy agreement is only possible in the event the researcher has to leave the Netherlands for research related purposes and with permission of the ISS Institute Director.
- Students can apply for housing during their entire the study period.
- Students with Orange Knowledge Programme or Stuned scholarship automatically get a tenancy agreement for the ISS residences for the full duration of the programme.
- The dorms are available on a fixed-term tenancy only.
- Double rooms are reserved for couples: a student with spouse, it is not possible for two ISS students to rent a double room.
- Rental fees are calculated by Dutch governmental point system (Huurprijscheck onzelfstandige woonruimte) and in line with common practice for furnished rooms in the Netherlands (approximately €550 per month).
- Children are not allowed in ISS housing.