In September 2021 the Initiatives in Critical Agrarian Studies (ICAS) launched the Open Access ebook editions of the widely popular and influential book series, Agrarian Change and Peasant Studies: Little Books on Big Issues
Agrarian Change and Peasant Studies
Scientifically rigorous, accessible, politically relevant, policy-oriented, state-of the-art books for academics, development practitioners and social movement activists
Anchored by ICAS at the International Institute of Social Studies in The Hague, the book series has become a collective intellectual-political initiative by several universities and research institutions worldwide.
It is currently available in several languages, including English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, Thai, Italian, Russian, Korean and Japanese. The English edition is published by Fernwood for distribution in Canada and the United States and by Practical Action Books for the rest of the world
There are currently 10 books in the series, all of which are now available in Open Access ebook edition, an edition co-sponsored by several research centres and universities, including the ISS-based ICAS and ERC-funded project, Commodity and land rushes and regimes (RRUSHES-5).
Download the ebooks
Book series editors
- Saturnino (‘Jun’) M. Borras Jr., International Institute of Social Studies (ISS), The Hague
- Ruth Hall, PLAAS, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Max Spoor, ISS, The Hague
- Henry Veltmeyer, Autonomous University of Zacatecas, Mexico
- Ye Jingzhong, College of Humanities and Development Studies of China Agricultural University, Beijing