From time to time, the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) organizes so-called Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs).
Engagement and Impact through Massive Online Open Courses
Via our online courses we try to engage individuals with the ISS by giving a clear view of our innovative teaching methods that are freely accessible to anyone interested in the topic.
Engagement is a two-way process, with academics sharing their knowledge and facilitating discussions between people holding different opinions. We aim to strategically engage with other academic partners to create multi-disciplinary online open courses.
About ISS MOOCs
- are developed together with reputable partners;
- are taught by renowned academics;
- do not have entry requirements but will be especially useful to specific groups of students depending on the topic;
- can be taken at any time of the day and from anywhere online;
- are self-paced and based on self-study but offer access to a community of online learners through forums and discussion boards;
- are free to follow;
- offer the chance to earn a certificate of completion (fees defined by the learning platform).