From time to time, the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) organizes so-called Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs).
- are developed together with reputable partners;
- are taught by renowned academics;
- do not have entry requirements but will be especially useful to specific groups of students depending on the topic;
- can be taken at any time of the day and from anywhere online;
- are self-paced and based on self-study but offer access to a community of online learners through forums and discussion boards;
- are free to follow;
- offer the chance to earn a certificate of completion (fees defined by the learning platform).
Engagement and Impact through Massive Online Open Courses
Via our online courses we try to engage individuals with the ISS by giving a clear view of our innovative teaching methods that are freely accessible to anyone interested in the topic.
Engagement is a two-way process, with academics sharing their knowledge and facilitating discussions between people holding different opinions. We aim to strategically engage with other academic partners to create multi-disciplinary online open courses.