How to apply to ISS
Step 1: You begin by registering via Studielink (the Dutch national registration system). Registration begins from 02 October 2023 for the 2024/2025 academic year.
Step 2: You finalize your application in the Admission Portal of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
The application process consists of several steps which require you to add either information or supporting documents. All documents can be uploaded directly from your computer. Make sure that multiple page documents are submitted as one file. Save your application regularly during the process.
In order to complete your online application you must complete all steps in Studielink AND the EUR Admission Portal. We will only start processing your application and inform you further after you have submitted your application in the EUR Admission Portal (by clicking on the 'submit' button on the last page of the application page).
Please note: ISS does not employ or engage with third-party agencies or agents for our admissions or recruitment processes. We have a direct application procedure that all prospective students should follow. We encourage all applicants to interact with us directly through our official channels.
You application must be accompanied by:
- Academic transcripts including an explanation of the grading system and certified photocopies of degrees and university degrees (both original and certified translation if the language isn't English).
- A recent statement of proficiency in English - check our academic requirement page if this is necessary for you.
- Two letter of reference from persons in a position to judge the applicant's professional and/or academic abilities: for the degree programmes, at least one of these references should be provided by the most recent academic institute attended by the applicant.
- A motivation statement -This academic motivation statement (approximately 1000 words) which accompanies your application for one of the majors, should consist of a (short) introduction about yourself, your education and work experience. On top of that you indicate why you choose the ISS, this specific major and how it relates to your current job and what your objectives are for the future.
- A recent and updated Resume/CV.
After you have submitted your application
The Admissions Board carefully reviews each application to assess your eligibility for the programme. We will contact you as soon as the outcome of the assessment is known.
Please note that this might take up to FOUR weeks starting from the moment that your application is deemed complete.
We advise you to read the information related to the admission and enrolment procedures very carefully.
If you have been selected for the MA in Development Studies please review this step by step guide concerning practical matters prior to your arrival at ISS.
NB. Please check your email spam folder regularly - sometimes our emails, especially if you use a gmail or Yahoo account, get diverted to your spam folder. Add ISS to your contacts to avoid this.
EUR Admission Portal login page
Have you already created your profile via Studielink and received your password and username? Then you may access the Erasmus Admission Portal (Osiris)
Studying with a functional impairment?
If you have any questions about the application procedure or encounter any difficulties, please proceed to our FAQ page.
You should find the answers to most of your questions there. If not, you can contact the ISS Admissions Office.