Thursday 15 March: Launch Self-Service Library
The University Library at ISS will launch its Self-Service Library (SSL) on Thursday, March 15 at 4pm.
We look forward to seeing you!
The SSL enables all our clients to return, borrow as well as pick up reserved library items even with a closed Service Desk.
Come and try it out for yourself! Simply bring your Library card with you.
How does Self-Service Library work?
A. Collect Reserved Items
- With the e-mail received for a reserved item, you are notified that the item is ready to be collected.
- Collect the reserved item from the ‘Reserved Carousel’ (arranged alphabetically by family names). ILL items can only be picked up at the service desk.
- Borrow/ check-out the items following the procedure B.
- Scan your user’s barcode. Choose <renew> to renew OR <borrow> to borrow.
- To renew click on <renew> and press the <green button>. To borrow: place items on RFID plate (a pile of books is possible). The items get automatically de-activated. Check correct number of items registered on screen (those with + sign).
- An option to get an e-mail confirmation of titles checked-out/borrowed/renewed with corresponding due dates is possible by clicking on <end> and <confirm> buttons.
- There is no need for you to have your Library card for this service.
- Simply drop the item in the ‘Return Box’ one at a time. You may return/drop ILL items in the box but it will not be reflected in the e-mail.
- An option to get an e-mail confirmation of titles returned is possible by clicking on <end> and <confirm> buttons.
Download the document below for a basic instruction.