If you live in the Netherlands and are unable to spend 15.5 months on full-time intensive study, ISS offers you the opportunity to take the MA in Development Studies as a tailor-made part-time programme lasting 2.5 years.
You will participate in the regular courses, giving you unique exposure to the knowledge and experience of students from all over the world. You can attend the courses that best fit your professional background and your personal learning objectives. Academic staff will discuss the set up of your individual study programme with you and advise you on the requirements and the options open to you.
- The focus in the first part (40 weeks) is on the courses. This is the most demanding year as you have to attend classes and do group assignments during the day.
- The second part focuses on the research paper. This year leaves you more possibilities to plan your own work.
- Even the part-time programme requires about 20 hours of study during most weeks. If you wish to do the programme part-time, please contact the admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you start in September 2019, ISS regulations require that you graduate no later than 1 July 2021.
ISS admits a limited number of auditors who wish to attend only some of the courses in the MA Programme.
In addition, for Netherlands residents, a more flexible arrangement of the MA programme can be requested, spreading the programme over a longer period. These cases are dealt with on an individual basis.
Questions about the application process?
Contact the student office
Questions about the MA programme?
Contact Darren Baradhan
- Email address
- Kortenaerkade 12
- Do you have general questions about the MA programme?
- Do you want to arrange a visit to ISS?
- Would you like to get in touch with a current student?