Joint and Double PhD degrees
The International Institute of Social Studies has several joint PhD programmes, each with a specific set-up, leading to either a joint or a double PhD degree.
Current joint/double PhD programmes
- Ruhr Universät Bochum (RUB) in Germany
- University of Witswatersrand (WITS) in South Africa
- University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) in Vietnam
- University of Addis Ababa (AAU) Ethiopia
- Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO) in Ecuador)
It is also possible to arrange for an individual joint or double PhD degree. Be aware that often requirements for obtaining a PhD degree between countries differ or even conflict with each other, which can make the formulation of a contract cumbersome and time-consuming. Requests must be processed via the first supervisor.