- Thursday 7 Oct 2021, 16:00 - 17:30
- Spoken Language
- Ticket information
The Dies Natalis will take place online. You can follow the event live via ISS livestream (see below).
No registration required.
During our 69th birthday celebration we will ask ourselves, 'Where do we go from here?'.
Looking at present debates in international development such as technology, social enterprising and decoloniality, we are driving the conversation towards transformation in development. We will also be taking an interactive approach, allowing you to take part in this stimulating conversation by submitting your questions to our host and experts on the panel!
Three prominent speakers will tackle the themes:
- Decolonizing knowledge by Dr Althea Rivas
- Technology and development by Dr Arul Chib
- Social enterprising with Lisa Jordan
The moderator for the afternoon is Lynn Zebeda
Follow the Dies Natalis live
- 16:00 - Introduction by Professor Inge Hutter, rector of ISS
- 16:05 - Decolonizing knowledge - A conversation between Dr Althea Rivas and Dr Rosalba Icaza
- 16:30 - Musical interlude
- 16:35 - Technology and development - TedTalk by Dr Arul Chib followed by reflections by Professor Arjun Bedi and PhD researcher Dani Calmon
- 16:55 - Meet the new Rector Magnificus of Erasmus University Rotterdam, Professor Annelien Bredenoord (video)
- 17:00 - Social enterprising - Fireside chat with ISS alumna Lisa Jordan followed by reflections by Dr Georgina Gomez
- 17:20 - Closing reflections by Professor Inge Hutter
Participate in the event
We welcome you to submit questions as part of our live Q&A with the speakers and join the conversation online.
To submit your question, click here and insert the code 1480 0750 into the dialogue box. Press the button 'Open Q&A' to type your question.
Will you be using social media during the event? Use the hashtag #ISSDiesNatalis and tag ISS on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram so we can share your posts.