The University Library collection is distributed over several locations, including the University Library on Woudestein campus and the library of the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague.
Borrow or consult
- You can borrow books with an EUR (digital) student card or library card
- The loan period of books is four weeks (except for some ISS Library materials*).
- You may take and consult books from the shelves in the study areas or borrow these through the self-checkout machine.
- It is possible to consult and borrow books if you are not staff or a student at the EUR. Read the overview of possibilities.
- Consult sEURch to find the location of a certain publication.
- Publications are ordered by subject in the study areas of the University Library. These are located in East 0 en East +1.
- Publications are ordered by call number in the study areas of the ISS Library.
Request and collect
If you chose University Library – Self Service UB-RLK as your pick-up location in sEURch, your book will be available on the pick-up shelf near the self-checkout machine of the University Library in West 0. If you chose ISS The Hague – Self Service ISS as your pick-up location in sEURch, your book will be available on the pick-up carousel near the Library Services Desk.
- You will receive and email when your book is available for collection.
- Take the book from the pick-up shelf/carousel and check it out yourself with your (digital) student card or library card. .
- Requested books remain on the shelves for seven days.
- EUR-staff/students can borrow up to fifty books. Other patrons can borrow up to thirty books.
- Check the opening times before collecting your books.
- It is only possible to have University Library books delivered by PostNL or internal post for € 2.75. Use the online form to ask for details.
At the University Library the following delivery times apply:
- Books requested before 09:00 will be ready by 12:00 at the latest;
- Books requested before 14:00 will be ready by 17:00 at the latest;
- Books requested on Friday after 14:00 or on weekends and public holidays can be picked up on the next working day (12:00 at the latest)
Borrowing from other EUR-libraries
Do you want to consult or borrow publications from the Rotterdamsch Leeskabinet, the Sanders Law Library or the Erasmus University College? Find these through sEURch. You can find the loan conditions on the websites of the libraries in question.
Viewing special collections
Read more about viewing publications from the special collections of the University Library.
Borrowing from another library
If our library does not have a book or journal article, you may borrow it from another library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Read more.
* Different loan periods materials ISS Library
The ISS library has materials in their collection with a different loan period, only available for ISS students and staff.
|Material type||Maximum loan period||Label colour|
|Short loan materials (course materials, reference works, QuickRef)||7 days||yellow, blue or red|
|Print MDS (Master of Development Studies) theses||120 days||green|
|Reserved Readings||Only for consultation in the library||dots|